Spotlight on Justin Wise, Chef at The Point Albert Park
Tell us a bit about yourself:
I’ve been in restaurant kitchens since I was 13, and I’m a fair bit older than that now (Justin’s actually only 31). I moved to Melbourne ten years ago to pursue a career as a chef and haven’t looked back.
What is your favourite Hopkins River Beef Product?
The grain fed eye fillet – we never take it off the menu.
What do you love about your job?
The amazing produce and people that come through this kitchen.
What do you do in your spare time?
There’s not a lot of it…. But I do love playing golf and catching up with friends once service is done.
Five people to dinner, who would you invite and why?
· Alain Ducasse – I have read every book of his, saving up my pennies to buy them when I was an apprentice
· My first mentor, chef Peter Hoppach
· Angelina Jolie – do I need to explain why?
· Richmond player Matthew Richardson
· My boss Rabih Yanni – he makes me laugh. Hopefully he won’t put me to work cooking.
The Point Albert Park
Albert Park Lake
Melways ref 2K G6
phone 03 9682 5566